Monday, March 16, 2009

The Wheels On The Bus

Here they go again, round and round. The White House is looking more like kindergarten everyday.
Now let's dump all over the AIG executives, whom (tax evader) Tim Geithner himself, was in charge of rounding up to run AIG for the first TARP funds bailout. Are their bonuses outrageous? Yes. Do you think that most Americans find this reward ludicrous? Absolutely. My question?
Before you dumped billions upon billions into AIG and made the current CEO work for free, don't you think you might put a clause in the contract to stop all bonuses until ALL the taxpayer money is returned? I'm not a business major, but it sounds like common sense to me. Over the weekend I talked to many people who were livid over how this White House is handling all things economic.
They are losing credibility with the ones they claimed to want to help.
Case in point, this 95 percent tax cut for the middle class is a figment of Washington's imagination. April 1st we are all going to get $8 to $13 back in our paychecks. Wow! Maybe that will make up for my 1 percent tax hike in California and the doubling of my car registration fees. Again, I'm not a math major but I'm pretty sure I can count that as a tax hike, not a decrease.
Mr. President, Geithner may be a wiz kid, book smart, but he is definitely failing in the eyes of the middle class, Wall Street and youngsters.
Americans love to reward those who say I made a mistake. Fire Geithner! At this point in our economic crisis we need someone who commands respect and offers stability. It's time to fire someone who showed so much promise in your eyes, yet has failed in Americans eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment